Lockatong Engineering Inc. was established in 2001, and in the last 16 years, sales have grown to well over a million dollars in engineering services revenue. With our excellent reputation in the community and vast experience among our engineers, we are able to provide comprehensive services to condominium associations, commercial and residential clients, hospitals and various industries throughout the state of New Jersey. We also regularly serve clients nationwide.
Our services focus on investigations, diagnostics, design and construction project management of buildings and building systems. The majority of our work concentrates on the evaluation and improvement to existing buildings and includes the building envelope, mechanical, electrical, structural, environmental, and life-safety systems.
We are looking for a professional structural engineer with a background in building inspection to join our team. Our intent would be to take your existing structural experience and expand that knowledge into our building inspection, evaluation and repair design work.
- On-site inspection and evaluation of entire building and building system
- Support senior staff on various projects
- Investigation of structural deficiencies in residential and commercial buildings
- Prepare repair design and drawings, bid specifications and contractor oversight
- Prepare technical evaluation reports detailing defects observed and proposed repair design
- Direct interaction with clients
- Work independently and multitask over several different projects
- Minimum 5 years working in a consulting engineering firm, with field experience a must
- Good verbal communication skills and technical written skills
- Strong skills in inspection, evaluation, diagnostics of defects, and building construction knowledge
- Repair design of structural building systems
- Standard computer skills in Microsoft Office, AutoCad experience a plus
- Full time, 40 hours a week, normal business hours
- Hunterdon County, NJ
- BS in Engineering minimum
Required License or Certification:
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Above average benefits – medical, dental, disability, life insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays
Contact us if you would like to join our team.